Monday 20 June 2011

As Time Goes By

I am cuckoo for clocks!

I don't know what it is about vintage clocks that I find incredibly whimsical.  When I first moved into my home (about a year ago), I was obsessively looking for a vintage starburst/sunburst clock.  After about 6 months of trying to stumble upon one in my regular vintage shops, I gave up! Not long after that, while browsing through a local store, I found this....









...The best part being, that it was only $30!  I know that it's probably not a real George Nelson, but it has the same feel, and style of his that I love.  

It wasn't a week later that I was browsing another store, and found this "Nelson" for half price!! 






...$15 later and I was the proud owner of a Ball Clock!  The best part about ball clocks is the story behind the design ...he and a bunch of friends had a few too many drinks and designed it as a joke!  See his biography here.  

As luck would have it, A week after purchasing these two, I found an old wooden starburst clock in the thrift store - needless to say - 2 clocks were enough!  
My next clock mission...an old style alarm clock!

~Christina








3 comments:

  1. oooooohh, are those real George Nelson's???? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my ball clock. I can't wait to check out that link!

    ReplyDelete