Sunday 12 June 2011

Sugar & Spice & All Things Nice



Well this is me!  I am excited to start a blog and look forward to sharing my stories with the internet world.

I wanted to begin by explaining a little bit about myself.  My name is Christina, and I am a young fogie.  I am not quite 30 and feel as though I was born in the wrong decade.  I'm pretty sure I have felt this way my whole life.  I remember as a young girl (around the age of 4) looking at an old print of girls in dresses, and aprons wishing I was one of them.  My mother was kind enough to put together an outfit for me, with a dress and apron, topped with a handkerchief on my head.  I was thrilled to be dressed like one of the old fashioned little girls.  


***I long to live in a world where girls wear dresses, and no one goes to Walmart in their pyjamas!





As I got older, I felt as though I wanted desperately to be a teenager from the 60's.  I remember in grade 5 being on vacation in Cleveland with a school friend, who was uber cool for the early 1990's.  We were in a shopping mall and I found a pair of saddle shoes.  I was desperate for them.  I remember buying them, and explaining that they were for Halloween.  This was the first purchase of vintage inspired items that I made for my self.  I still have those saddle shoes, and unfortunately, Halloween has been the only time I have had them on!














There is so much more to share, 

And can't wait to get started with this!
Enjoy!
Christina

2 comments:

  1. AWWW SADDLE OXFORDS! I used to wear those allll the time as a little girl and have been looking for a pair!!! I love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love them too! I think it's amazing that you had them and actually wore them when you were a little girl...I never had the guts!

    ReplyDelete